Saturday, August 9, 2014

PARISH 11: Egham Hythe and Thorpe Lea


A church near Egham Hythe, which was not my destination today, but I passed right through it (centroid)

I focus today on passageways and entrypoints.  This was was difficult to navigate with a bicycle

I was met by a range of different kinds of gates, fences and latches

This sign admonishes the walker for no apparent reason

This sign is even older, and somehow (to me) appealing in its (lack of) legibility

Stubble (hay) field signifies past abundance, the coming of autumn

A bridge at the edge of Thorpe Hay Meadow Nature Reserve

These gates are a bit easier to navigate with a bicycle

I got into a thicket, a tangle of blackberry bushes and nettles that was hard to get out of, and I admit I was a bit lost

This is as close as I could get to Thorpe Lea (centroid)

Extricating myself

The Clockhouse, on Clockhouse Lane

Also on Clockhouse Lane

The loop closes, end of the line


No comments:

Post a Comment